Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Inspire Me

Nicolette, my itty bitty baby sister, turned 18 yesterday. I can't believe it! For her special day I dropped by a great little local shop, Inspire Me, to find a gift for her.

Inspire Me has 3 shops. The largest one is in Granger (Indiana) and has mostly clothes - men's and women's. The other two are downtown South Bend (Indiana) and are separated by just one shop, Circa Arts. They are smaller, one being full of upcycled and vintage accessories, home decor and furniture, and the other being stuffed with fabulous women's clothes, shoes and jewelry. I love the unique styles that Inspire Me carries, but I have to be careful because I could accidentally fall in love with a $125 scarf. Things can get pretty pricey in this boutique.

I found the prettiest, sparkliest tank ever and had to get it for Nikki (don’t worry, it was on sale). It screamed "I am fabulous!"...perfect for Nik's personality : )




The tank was from Free People, which, after browsing through the catalog, I found to be a pretty cool, very unique, brand. Of course, to get Nikki into the local gem that is Inspire Me, I threw in a gift card.

I have to say, my favorite part of special occasions is the card. Matt and I have discovered a few card companies that suit our personalities perfectly. Spark carries them all, and here is the one we chose for Nikki:


It went down perfectly. At dinner yesterday, we handed her the card. She opened it, read a little, and started cracking up. It got the attention of everyone at the table, and they were itching to read the wonderful message we must have written in her card. The card was then passed around, and, judging by the giggles, I’m confident everyone enjoyed it.

My other {equally fabulous} sister's birthday was last month. I wrote about finding her gift at Urban Lily, but didn't get pictures of her goodies. However, I do have images of the card Matt and I picked out for her. She had just had a baby, so it was somewhat appropriate:


Ahh...I love the unusual : )

No comments:

Post a Comment