Monday, March 29, 2010

Goodbye Weekend, Hello Workweek

Man I love weekends! I finally had an evening to sit down and work on my shop and this blog. Really, all I accomplished were new banners for both pages, but I had a good time, especially with the banner for this page.

I was looking online for pictures or backgrounds that would somehow illustrate my personality. Then, I glanced up at the photograph that Matt had blown up and printed on canvas for me for my birthday.


I absolutely adore Matt's photography, and this is my all time favorite pic, for obvious reasons. Not only is it creative and totally my style, it lets me know that Matt thinks about me when we're not together.

I've also been in love with what I call the "Mishawaka street corner picture." I love our little city, and I used to be so envious of Matt when he lived in an apartment above a little Chinese place downtown. Little city big city living is so me. I remember the night Matt took our friends and me up to the roof. Matt and I were sitting on top of the corner building and, to my surprise, he started taking pictures. I had no idea he was into photography, and I was so impressed seeing him in the state of doing something he loves. He got some great shots of the little downtown, one of which is now my header. : )

Although the picture was taken late on a quiet night, it’s a reminder of a lot of what makes me me (not so quiet). I was born here. I work, eat and play downtown, and to top it all off, the photograph was taken by my best friend in his purest form. A little memory that gives me big goosebumps.

I'm such a cheesy romantic...

TODAY I LEARNED...friends come from smiles.

"I love friends, I want more friends. I love smiles. That is a fact. How to develop smiles? There are a variety of smiles. Some smiles are sarcastic. Some smiles are artificial-diplomatic smiles. These smiles do not produce satisfaction, but rather fear or suspicion. But a genuine smile gives us hope, freshness. If we want a genuine smile, then first we must produce the basis for a smile to come." -Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment