Thursday, April 1, 2010

First ride of the year…

I was finally able to get my bike out and ride to work today. Here are a couple things I saw along the way that caught my attention:



I love this lamp! I like the style, the colors, and the materials - everything about it! It would go so great in my room!

"fossilized cocoa leaf lampshades…

light made from chocolate? not quite, but the cocoa leaves used for these lamps are collected from the same plant chocolate is made from. fossilization is the process of drying leaves over a three to four month period and then hand rubbing the chlorophyll of the leaf so only the leaf’s skeleton remains. this is a labor-intensive process and no corrosive chemicals are used.

once the chlorophyll is removed, the leaf is stained in organic dyes. since the leaves are natural, each one will absorb dye differently. the resulting effect is a lamp with different hues and shades (sometimes within the same leaf). "

Eangee makes some fabulous, ecofriendly home decor. Check them out!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! and have never heard of such a thing. Awesome! I have to check Eangee out! :)

    ReplyDelete