Monday, April 12, 2010

Custom Bags

For the past couple weeks I've been working on a custom order for a wedding. This is an addition to the order I wrote about a few weeks ago. The original order was for 125 teeny tiny drawstring bags for soaps to be used as wedding favors. After a month of work, my buyer and I found out that our measurements weren't quite sufficient for the soaps. I was really upset, but then my buyer ordered 60 more! She is making her own buttons to put in them. Such a cute idea! I immediately wanted to go get a button maker - that's how I roll - IMPULSIVE! Anyways, here's the process I go through to make these itty bitty bags.

Step 1: Cut 120 squares of material (2 for each bag). Inspection Round 1.



Step 2: Clean up the edges and iron each square, creating a fold on one side to be sewn for the drawstring. Inspection Round 2.



Step 3: Sewing. Inspection Round 3. After each bag is sewn, I push and pull, inside and out, to make sure that the stitch is strong and that there are no flaws.

Step 4: Insert drawstrings. Inspection Round 4.




Day 11: Pack & Ship. Done!


It's a lot of work, but the bags turn out so cute! I love this idea for wedding favors - creative and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment